MISP Objectives And Activities
1. Prevent and manage the consequences of sexual violence
- careful site planning of camps
- set up health services for medical treatment of survivors of sexual violence
- raise awareness among all staff of the importance of early referral of survivors to health services
- coordinate the response between health, community, security and protection services.
2. Reduce transmission of HIV
- make condoms freely available
- enforce universal precautions against HIV (including sufficient supplies, safe waste disposal)
- ensure blood transfusion is safe
3. Prevent excess neonatal and maternal morbidity and mortality
- provide clean delivery kits to all pregnant women and birth attendants
- provide health facilities and midwives with midwifery delivery kits.
- initiate the establishment of a referral system to manage obstetrics emergencies
4. Plan for the provision of comprehensive RH services,integrated into primary health care, as soon as the situation permits
- collect background information on RH mortality, STD/HIV
- prevalence and contraceptive prevalence.
- dentify suitable sites for the future delivery of comprehensive reproductive health services
- assess the capacity of staff and plan training/retraining
- order equipment and supplies for comprehensive reproductive health services.
5. Meet pre-existing family planning needs
- provide basic family planning services in order to meet spontaneous demand.
- Meet needs for menstrual protection
- assess the need for menstrual protection and identify methods to meet this need.